The Set Up

The LORD will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail. Isaiah 58:11

We all have priorities in our life, some are obvious, some, not so obvious. We need to eat, sleep, do chores, relax, spend time with family, friends, have some alone time with God, etc. For me, the not so obvious priorities are to persistently file the nicks off my fingernails and toenails, eat a honey bun at night (microwaved 12 seconds) with a glass of milk right before I go to bed, check on my kids constantly (no matter where we are or what we are doing) and check my e-mail far, far too often (even if I’m not expecting anything important).

I need all these things in my life to feel complete. Is all of it appropriate? Maybe. Is all of it normal? Not for everyone, but for me it is. All of these things provide the ebb and flow of my life that makes it a typical day for me.

Before my 2nd child was born, I had no trouble sleeping. But, when I had two little guys in the house, both waking up every couple of hours, I was continually staying up all night long. It was awful. It was then that I discovered sleep aids.

As a stay at home mom, boredom and loneliness can set in. The need to be with and talk to other adults is a huge need. Needing some interaction is important for all of us. Then came Facebook.

Lord, please help all of my daily routines to be ones that build me up, not tear me down. Help me to understand the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment