The Pull

I found that the very commandment that was intended to bring life actually brought death. For sin, seizing the opportunity afforded by the commandment, deceived me and through the commandment, put me to death. Romans 7:10-11

Basically, most addictions start because a need must be filled, innocently. I found that if I took a sleep aide each night, then I could actually fall back asleep in between each child waking up. At the time, it was a glorious discovery. Well, now my children sleep fine, but I do not, unless I have a sleep aid. I have tried and tried to quit taking them, only to stay up very late, or only get a few hours of sleep. After several days of this, I give in and start taking it again.
Regarding Facebook: It really is a good and wonderful thing, all of us (you know who you are) can banter with each other, connect with long lost friends/relatives and share our lives with others. When I first discovered the Scrabble game on there, it was so much fun. Then it happened, NOTHING ELSE MATTERED! All I wanted to do was see if it was my turn! I was obsessed with getting the highest score. It was so weird, because I could think of nothing else.

Every thing else in my life, that once was part of my routine, was suddenly secondary. All of my normal customary habits were swiftly becoming very, very tiny in my mind. They were now unimportant and insignificant.

Checking on my kids, no longer important. Getting dinner cooked, it can wait. Quiet time alone, only with a computer. Getting a high score on a word….now we’re talking.

Lord, when something good starts to turn in to something bad, please, make me immediately aware.

No comments:

Post a Comment